Verdict: Can make again!
My first memory of this dish was when I had dinner with Jo at Ikano’s basement. It’s a simple scrambled eggs and tomato dish. Comfort food 🙂
- Break 2 eggs into a bowl and use chopsticks to beat the eggs until they break thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp sesame oil,1 tsp shaoxing wine, 3 dashes white pepper powder, and lightly beat to blend well. Set aside.
*If you like your eggs extra flavorful, add 1/4 teaspoon oyster sauce when you season the eggs.
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- Add the egg mixture into the wok, and use your spatula to spread the eggs. Keep stirring until the eggs form lumps. Gently break the lumps into smaller pieces. As soon as the eggs are cooked, dish out and set aside.
- Clean the wok and heat it up again with 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Drop (1 sliced) tomato wedges into the wok and do a few quick stirs.
- Add 1 tsp sugar and 2 tbsp water into the tomatoes. Cover it with the lid and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the eggs and chopped scallions into the tomatoes, stir-fry for 30 seconds or so, dish out and serve immediately.
Thank you: http://rasamalaysia.com/tomato-eggs/2/