Verdict: Not very good results, the outside browns easily at 205C (reduced the temperature and increased the baking time) but the middle has an ‘uncooked’ appearance and dense texture still. Tested with cake tester, and it came out clean #hmmm
- In small bowl, combine: 1/3 cup oats + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar. Mix well.
- Cut in 2 tbsp butter (chilled and cut into pieces) into dry mixture until crumbly (I used fingers)
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: 1.5 cups all-purpose flour + 1 cup oats + 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar + 1 tbsp baking powder + some raisins. Mix well.
- In small bowl, combine wet ingredients: 1 cup skim milk + 1/4 cup canola oil + 1 lightly beaten egg + 1 tsp vanila. Blend well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients all at once, stir until dry ingredients are moistened (do not overmix).
- Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Fill muffin cups till almost full.
- Sprinkle with reserved streusel, patting gently.
- Bake at 205 C for 18-20 mins or until golden brown.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack for 5 mins.
- Serve warm.