From Home Food Rescue 🙂
Recipe 1: Fried chicken
- Wash chicken, place on tray
- Season with salt and pepper and gently rub seasoning all round (like a massage). Let it marinate for at least 2 hours (longer the better).
- But if we are in a hurry, lightly coat the skin with frying mix (there should be no clumps).
- Heat up cooking oil in deep pan.
- To test the temperature of the oil, make a small ball with frying mix and water, drop it in the oil. If the ball floats after 3 seconds, it’s ready.
- Put chicken into oil and keep turning over.
- Drain excess oil and serve.
Recipe 2: Dakgalbi
- Mix half cup of each: gochujang, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, cooking wine, gochugaru (1 part of each). Add 3 shakes of pepper (optional). Add sesame oil.
- Use sauce generously to marinate chicken. Pour sauce onto chicken and reserve extra unused sauce.
- Chop vege finely, like chips: Carrots, potatoes, onions (yellow)
- Roughly chop: green chillies, spring onions, cabbage.
- Heat pan, add chicken and some water to cook the chicken (to braise instead of grill the chicken).
- Add in vege, use kitchen scissors to cut onions.
*the concept is like shabu-shabu, can add in more ingredients as we go.
Spin-off dakgalbi fried rice:
- Add into extra dakgalbi: chopped kimchi, rice, chopped seaweed, sesame oil.
- Fry and serve.
Recipe 3: Grilled boneless chicken steak
- Season 1 boneless whole chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken skin down on frying pan.
- Put lid on pan.
- Slice big chunks of onions, potatoes and place it on top of the chicken (onion should look like the bbq size). Cover the lid again.
- Add whole garlic into the pan
- Flip the chicken once it’s brown on one side.
- Drain the oil, add in a slice of butter.
- Remove chicken and veg once they are golden brown.
- To make sauce: Heat up in this order: a slice of butter, garlic, soy sauce, a bit of vinegar, sugar, water. Pour over chicken steak.