From Home Food Rescue Season 2 Ep 14 🙂
Chinese Chili Oil (for duck rice **my favourite)
- Prepare: Ratio 1:1:1:1 Course chili powder + cooking oil + chopped onions + chopped leek (half cup each). Prepare: 1 tbsp minced garlic + 1/2 tbsp salt.
- Add oil to pan + onions + leek + salt, turn on fire (low heat). Then add in garlic, stir till yellow-ish (just before golden brown).
- Pour chili powder into a bowl, then pour over the hot oil. Mix thoroughly.
Tip: put as topping on ramen, rice, other dishes.
Should look like this: http://thewoksoflife.com/2015/08/how-to-make-chili-oil/
- Mix together: 4 tbsp soy sauce + 2 tbsp vinegar (sik chu) + 2 tbsp water (2:1:1) + 1/2 tbsp sugar + 1/2 tbsp minced garlic.
- Pour over with boiled mandoo (dumplings). Garnish with spring onions and chili oil from above.
Korean Chili Sauce
- Prepare anchovies: Remove head, split into half and remove intestines (black stuff)
- Slice Chungyang chili into half (green large chili) –
- Fry anchovies once to remove fishy smell.
- Add one cup water until boil.
- Add chili, 1 tbsp salt + 1/3 sugar + 1 tbsp grind garlic + 2 tbsp soy sauce.
- Boil for 2 minutes *if you boil it too much the spiciness disappears.
- Cool, blend and serve.
Spicy bean paste stew
- Prepare Leek, onion, tofu.
- In water, add 2 tbsp doenjang (bean paste). Then put in leek, onion & tofu.
- Add in 2 tbsp Korean chili sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Cook ramen.
- Add 2 tbsp korean chili sauce + 1/2 tbsp sesame oil + chopped leek.
- Mix and serve.
Southeast Asian sambal
- Slice 10 Chungyang green chili into half
- 1 cup dried shrimp + 1/2 cup oil + 1/2 cup leek + 1 spoon garlic
- (No need to pre-heat) In pan, add oil, add dried shrimp + leek + garlic
- After oil bubbles, add in chilis.
- Cool and blend.
Mixed sambal rice
- Deep fry a sunny side up egg.
- Serve on rice + 1 spoon sambal.
- (Optional) Add seaweed