Verdict: Don’t need to wait for Ramadhan bazaars, now we can make this anytime of the year!
Usually only available during the Ramadhan at bazaars (RM6 for a small serving mind you), I took up the challenge of recreating this dish!
- Mix in a bowl: 100g ground chicken/pork + 1 onion, finely diced + 3 eggs.
- Heat a pan or griddle with a little vegetable oil.
- Pour the mixture onto the pan roughly the size and shape of the bread you’re using in the next step.
- Place a piece of open-faced hot dog bun (I used good ol’ Massimo loaf bread) on top. *If using hot dog bun, half it and place it crust side up.
- Press on the bread with a spatula and grill for 2 minutes.
- Turn the bread over to make it a little crispy.
- Remove from pan and cut the bread into small portions.
- Serve with a side of mayonnaise and/or sambal before cutting the sandwich (optional).
Thank you: http://www.196flavors.com/2014/09/02/malaysia-roti-john/