Verdict: A regular dish on the table, very easy to make 🙂
- Steam the 1 block of silken tofu (buy the one that says for steaming on the packaging) for 5 minutes and set aside. Drain water from the dish before and after steaming.
- Heat up a wok with some oil and stir fry 100g ground pork until fragrant.
- Add in the 1/2 cup water (add bit by bit, observe viscosity), 1 tsp oyster sauce, 2 tsp soy sauce and bring it to boil.
- Add in the 2 stalks chopped scallions, 1 diagonally cut red chili (optional), 1 tsp sesame oil, salt and sugar (to taste) and white pepper powder.
- Quick stir for 30 seconds and pour the toppings onto the steamed tofu. Serve hot with rice.
*Alternatively, use pre-cooked minced pork from the mixed rice stall to skip this step altogether
Failed attempt – You should not do this: Add too much water and oyster sauce. You’ll get a soupy dark gravy like below:
Thank you: http://rasamalaysia.com/30-minute-meal-steamed-tofu-with-ground/2/